Wednesday, April 21, 2010

do this

I have been adding a few things now and then to perfect a list that I have. It's a list that I will ask to have printed and passed out at my funeral. Um morbid much? I think not. Its a list of things that I want to encourage my friends and family to do. And a lot of it is general stuff, but its all very important to me. So here is the list of things that I want people to do when they remember me and want to do something that I want everyone to do in life...


In remembrance of me:

• Be joyous

• Clothe the needy

• Feed the hungry

• Listen to the elderly

• Love the young

• Be kind to your peers

• Protect the weak

• Be patient with all people and creatures

• Do good deeds daily

• Express yourself in art or words not fists and fights

• Honor you parents

• Love the Lord with everything in you

• Drive safely

• Be a servant to others before yourself

• Be thoughtful

• Be a peacemaker

• Keep your word (be loyal and faithful)

• Be healthy (eat well and exercise)

• Go out and have fun with the ones you love

• Cry

• Make memories that last a lifetime

• Take care



Every once in a while I add something, or change the way I said something on this list. I'm sure it will be different by the time I pass away :)

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Ah. Don't worry about being morbid. I'm right there with you. Ted and I have both planned our funerals out (more or less).