Tuesday, April 27, 2010

you make me

Today I thought about my Great Grandmother Rosie. I was craving some carrot cake all day long. But I have no carrots! Then it hit me! I could make some Zucchini Bread Cupcakes! I pretty much always have zucchini in my fridge, so it worked out. Plus my GGR used to always make this. I am so excited to see how much I like this recipe. Unfortunately I don't have her recipe, so I got one online. (side note: listening to my cousin talk about how much she wants to EAT this american idol contestant is making me laugh so much. She is going on and on about how she wants to spread him on a bagel and eat him, and that she would eat him straight out of a package, and how she is undressing him in her mind, and ohhh that half smile kills her... oh so funny. None of the girls in my family talk about how cute tv boys were and such) I had some leftover cream cheese frosting so it totally makes sense to make it tonight. And I am not cooking dinner tonight! Win. But Jake is not here because he is out with some coworkers and ex-coworkers. I hate it when he is not here in the evening. We only get such a short period of time together in the evening. So when he is gone for that time, it makes me a little sad. Ok, I am going to wrap up this little blog with a photo of a guy that I always thought was cute. I have always had a thing for lip rings. I even had a boyfriend offer to get a lip ring because I liked them. And I have always wanted to get one myself. But Jake says "no". I wish he would let me try it out :) Anyways, onto my little man crush... He is the lead singer of my high school favorite band MxPx, Mike Herrera...

4 comments:

Heaven said...

How did your cupcakes turn out? They sound DELICIOUS! It seems that you like veggie and texture-y types of cake :). Yum.

I have mixed feelings about lip rings. They are ok on some people, on others not so much. One piercing I don't like: eyebrow rings.

Shelly said...

Zucchini cake, how clever!

I've never dated a guy with a lip ring, so I feel like I have a naive opinion on the subject. One piercing that freaks me out... tongue rings.

Unknown said...

Oh gosh, Kat was so funny going ON and ON about that American Idol guy... And those were some flipping delicious cupcakes by the way...

Vanessa said...

the cupcakes remind me of carrot cake. Perhaps not as sweet, but still sweet. I take half the frosting off though. I like ways less sweet for this type of cupcake then most other people. The only facial piercings that I like are 1.) ears, 2.) lip, and 3.) nose. Cheek piercings probably freak me out the most. Oh and when people pierce a bar through their neck. As far as the rest of the body the only other place I like a piercing is the belly button. I can't think of another one that I would want or be attracted to...