Thursday, April 1, 2010

Prince series

I made a vlog about all the things that I have been using lately. Ok well more like I made four vlogs! I spent an hour making vlogs about all the things that I have been using lately, or that I have (LUSH wise). On a side note, my pandora radio station needs to stop playing Britney Spears on my hip hop station! Seriously, I just skipped through 6 songs that shouldn't even be coming up on this station, and three of them were Brit songs! What the heck. If you've never listened to a little IYAZ you should. Because its fun :) It got me through all the cleaning I did today! I wish I was taking a hip hop dance class :) Anyways, back to my vlogs. I realized after I made my vlogs this morning (at 6:30am) that I did a really bad job at describing the scent of the different products. So I decided that I would add photos and descriptions in a blog. So lets get started...

I start with the two samples of Big shampoo, but you guys have already heard me talk about that one.

Then a new samples! Coolaulin conditioner! Its a coconut conditioner with a little bit of lemon juice added as well

Then we have Sympathy For The Skin body cream (read lotion). This smells so good! It has fresh vanilla beads ground into it, fresh bananaes (!!!), and some almond. It is really yummy smelling

Then I got a sample of I Love Juicy shampoo. It's actually more for people who have oily hair, but I couldn't resist the scent! It smells like Juicy Fruit gum to me. Sooooo delicious!

Next is a tin of Let Them Eat Cake lip balm. Its vegan. Its really oily. That's my biggest complaint. At first I didn't like the smell at all. But I kept using it because I didn't want to waste it. And know I like the scent. Crazy

I finally bought a tub of the Curly Wurly shampoo! No more sample sizes :)

Then the Olive Branch shower gel.

And the Rub Rub Rub shower gel/scrub.

And now two large bars of Angel's Delight :)

AND my favorite soap Porridge!

And Ice Blue and my awkward Ice Ice Baby dance... This soap is a peppermint soap. And it has some coconut oil, some orange oil, and some bergamot. Mostly I smell the peppermint and orange. Its a really bright fresh scent. It would really wake you up. It just smells too much like my husbands sport body wash...

And now I start all the little pieces of soap that I just bought. The first one is a piece of Sea Vegetable. This soap has some sea salt and sea weed on the top for exfoliation. It smells of lavender, lime, and coconut. In my vlog I say that it smells like mint, but that's not true. It just smelled like that because I was storing it in a container on top of another soap that has mint in it...

Next up we have Demon In The Dark. This is the one that smells like mint! This one is so mysterious! I love it. It has a cool black wax on the outside to help hold it together because its a softer type of soap. Its made with peppermint and spearmint! It also has some clove and apple juice (that's what makes it a softer soap) in it. It has such a deep dark scent to me. I couldn't resist getting a sliver of it...

Next up are two massage bars. The first one is the Shimmy Shimmy. Super glittery solid lotion bar. The smell is so girly and wonderful. Its a light flirty scent., vanilla, lavender, and sage.

And the Sexy Boy massage bar. He is a Christmas time special. Isn't it cute how its a ginger bread man! I love it. Although mine is all broken up into pieces... So you can't even tell. I like this one better most of the time because its softer (because the other one has so much glitter in it it can feel grainy). He smells like chocolate, coconut, and lime. A delicious smell

Now I mention a shower jelly that I completely forgot the name of! Its Snow Showers. This is another Christmas time item. So you can't get it right now, unless you buy it from someone. I love this soap. Its citrusy.

This next item is The Magic Mushroom bubble bath bar. It was so cute when I first got it! This one is smells like vanilla on the white spots and strawberries, honey, and almonds in the red part!

Then I show you a piece of The Comforter bubble bath bar. And this is 1/4 of the size of the bar! Crazy. It's so big. This one smells like a little fruity. And it says that it has blackcurrant in it. I used this (a piece not shown) the other night and it was really relaxing. The scent wasn't as strong as some of their other items though...

Then two sugar scrubs. The first one (the green one) is just called Sugar Scrub. It smells of fresh fennel, lavender, and ginger. What an enticing blend!

The the next sugar scrub is called Sugar Babe. I love the white color with the bead of red in the middle! The white of this one smells like flowers. Its made up of mimosas and ylang ylang. Then the center bead smells like coconut. Me and my coconut! That and orange. I cannot get enough of them!

Lastely (as always, the last bit of my video is cut off) I mention the Cinders bath bomb. This bath bomb has red pop rocks in it! Its supposed to represent the crackling of a fire in the fireplace at Christmas time. How cute. Lush makes the most interesting bath products I have even seen! It smells of cinnamon and orange. So it has that warm spicy scent which is supposed to remind you more of that fire in the fireplace...

I'm sorry that the videos get cut off. Maybe tomorrow I will make a new video of all the products that got cut out of the videos... Stay Tuned...

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I watched like all of your videos and was completely entertained. You said that you weren't very good and describing things, but I enjoyed all of your little stories that go along with your soaps. Now with your blog, I get to see them up close!

P.S. The Sea Vegetable looks the most interesting with the color and cool wax. Let me know how that one turns out!

Vanessa said...

Thanks for keeping up with all my posts! I'm glad you like them :) I think you must mean The Demon In The Dark? Because thats the one with the wax on it. But if you really do mean the Sea Vegetable maybe you're just thinking of the stuff on the top. Anyways I can let you know how I like both of them! I really liked the Sea Vegetable in the shower. I am a soap to skin type of person, I don't use one of those shower poof things. I'm all about the way things feel right on my skin, the textures, and the way it lathers and leaves little bubbles behind on my skin like silk :) I just feel like it wouldn't be quite the same experience if I put it in a poof and then used it. The Sea Vegetable has the sea salt and sea weed on the top, so it had a nice texture. Not too mushy, and not too exfoliating. It has a wonderful interesting smell. I love it (I plan on buying or sampling more of this one). And after the shower I felt "cool" on my skin (temperature, not status). It was neat. And then for the Demon In The Dark. Oh this one has such a fresh but deep smell to it! Its so minty. But in a good way. Its a really soft soap so I did drop it twice while showering! Nothing that would turn me off from it thought. It felt really nice on my skin (I made sure to watch out for tender spots since its packed with mint). And I felt really clean and refreshed afterwards :) Oh, gtg! Gym time with my cousin :)